- • The updated Sustainability Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) 5.0 evaluates key areas of supply chain sustainability, like scope 3 emissions, grievance mechanisms, and responsible sourcing of raw materials
- • The updated tool is available from December in 13 languages and can be used by suppliers of the automotive industry
BRUSSELS (Belgium), November 8, 2022 – The leading collaborative platform Drive Sustainability, facilitated by CSR Europe, will launch the fifth edition of its Sustainability Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) for suppliers in the automotive value chain in December. The newly updated tool addresses the growing expectations of regulators and stakeholders for environmental and human rights practices in the supply chain and the need for companies to ensure effective due diligence.
Areas covered by SAQ 5.0
SAQ 5.0 is aligned with the Global Automotive Sustainability Guiding Principles and focuses on enhancing sustainability performance in the supply chain by assessing policies and practices in the areas of:
- • Human rights reporting
- • Environmental sustainability – Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reduction targets, including scope 3 emissions, the use of renewable energy, import/export of hazardous waste and/or use of persistent organic pollutants (pops)
- • Health and safety – including grievance mechanisms/complaints procedures
- • Business ethics and compliance
- • Supplier management
- • Responsible sourcing of raw materials – including for instance chromium, cotton, polysilicon, magnesium.
The tool is currently used by Drive Sustainability partners BMW Group, Daimler Truck, Ford, Honda, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Scania, Toyota, Volkswagen Group, Volvo Cars, and Volvo Group, along with many other OEMs and tier-1 automotive companies.
The SAQ is globally applicable for suppliers in a wide and diverse range of industries, including sourcing, manufacturing, logistics, assembly, or retail, and has become the recognised sustainability standard for the industry. The SAQ 5.0 is delivered on the SUPPLIERASSURANCE platform and is currently available in 13 languages.
About Drive Sustainability
Drive Sustainability is the leading partnership facilitated by CSR Europe and bringing together 11 Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) that work together to improve sustainability in the automotive supply chain. Building on more than 10 years of collaboration, members have assessed over 40,000 suppliers and engaged over 3000 suppliers in training activities. In 2020 the partners launched a long-term strategy and widened their work scope to address the four key sustainability challenges sustainable raw material sourcing, workforce wellbeing, carbon neutral supply chains and circular value chain. Drive Sustainability operates under strict anti-trust policies.
About CSR Europe
CSR Europe is the leading European business network for Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility. With our corporate members, National Partner Organisations (NPOs), and Associated Partners, we unite, inspire & support over 10,000 enterprises at local, European, and global level. We support businesses & industry sectors in their transformation and collaboration towards practical solutions and sustainable growth. We are for systemic change. Following the SDGs, we want to co-build with the European leaders and stakeholders an overarching strategy for a Sustainable Europe 2030.
Catalina Fernandez Silva, Drive Sustainability Senior Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org